Followers

Monday, August 08, 2005

Pages for HJ's Art Journal



This time I decided to tear myself away from my safe comforting watercolors and actually open one of the jars of acrylics I bought two months ago! I wanted to play around with creating backgrounds and textures using various wacky printing methods. I painted on and then printed bubble wrap, a feather, embossed paper and a seasponge. I also used both tulle and a perforated ribbon as a stencil, rolled grooved beads strung on a wire through paint and then across paper, and attached various things to a brayer before rolling it on paper. The "print" results were pleasing, and because of the viscosity of acrylics, have a wonderful dimensional texture to them!

1 comment:

Zhenia said...

How could you?! :-D Water colours are my first love too. I don't know why. The transparency of them? I just started using acrylics more. I do love the texture of them but I can't seem to get much depth. Yet. I did have my first great gesso disaster last night. Burgandy acrylics + gesso = dead man's lips purple. Who knew?