Followers

Sunday, June 04, 2006

graphicsperiment


One of these days I will try photoshop. Or something like it. One of these days I will brave the world of digital manipulation and not be freaked out by all the Scary Complicated Toolbars. In the meantime, I do stuff with MS paint and my free fujipics software...how pathetic.
Here is an odd self portrait. All the colors are fragments of my photos, pictures of the flowers in my garden...iris, rhododendron, bleeding heart, forget-me-not, peony and pansy. Odd, but I like it anyway.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

These are VERY cool!! I love what you did!!

Photoshop is intimidating, but there are SOO many great tutorials out there that walk you through, step-by-step. You should check out the Weekly Photoshop Challenge blog (get the link at my blog...) She posts challenges, but also posts links to various tutorials. Very cool stuff!

Chelsae said...

This is beautiful! I'm intimidated by my digital programs too. Every once in a blue moon, I'll challenge myself and spend a few hours in front of the thing..but I very rarely share what I've done. :) Great job!
~Chelsae

Tanaya said...

Nici, I cannot believe you did this in MSPAINT! I had no clue that you could do ANYTHING in paint. Very cool!