Followers

Friday, August 10, 2007

Out of the Blue for Chrysti

Well a while back I played an Out of the Blue art party/swap with my dear friend Pattie, who sent me an amazing art frog, and I sent her an arted up purse...and then I asked two friends to exchange with me....and they asked two friends...etc and so on.

I sent Kelli her piece a while ago, but Chrysti's had me stumped. I got so far, and no further.


I stalled at that point for a few weeks.



Ah, but today....At last the barrier in my brain came down and the piece made itself known.
Closed:


With a message on the door:

And open:


I am so happy I will be able to send it at last!

5 comments:

nicci said...

nici... i love the wings, the little open door. the two window shapes inside are also nice. it is all the little touches that make it work.

Patricia J. Mosca said...

STUNNING! As usual a wonderful piece of art! Chrysti will be overjoyed with it!

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully done! The message is outstanding! I love it! Great job! *HUGS*

Royce Addington said...

I am a friend of Pattie's...she is so right; your work is STUNNING!

I would like to add you to the list of Master Muses on my blog...take a look and see if that is agreeable to you. You can reach me at museologies@aim.com.
Thanks!

photoholly said...

Oh my gosh! Nici, you made such a magnificent piece. I love it and I'm sure Chrysti will love it too. Somedays it's best not to try and rush things, sometimes you need time for the piece to really speak to you. Awesome work as usual girl!