Followers

Monday, May 01, 2006

Commission


Been pushing myself today to complete a commisioned piece which I am delivering Friday. There are so many layers, I sort of burned out partway through and had to come back to it. Its a collage (yeah, I guess that is obvious by the pic). There is a buildup of layers of vintage text pages, tissue, handmade and mulberry papers, watercolors, acrylics, pearl ex powders, silver embossing powder, matte medium and PVA. My studio is now a riot of torn paper and purple puddles, but I am happy with the result. The collage itself measures about 10 x10". Next I need another push to get myself going on my Masterpiece Copy atcs for Sharpie Scouts. I treated myself to a brand new package of the full array of ultra fine points, since my kids left the tops of half of my previous set. Grrr. I also treated myself to a set of Faber Castell Pitt brush pens. Holy crap, they are awesome. The pigment is sublime and the brush tip so flexible. I am going to get hooked on these.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I love this piece! I wish I could see all the depth and texture online! The colors are gorgeous!!!

Tammy
tamberstone.blogspot.com

Cellissimo said...

Beautiful piece! It reminds me of a foggy spring morning in the quiet woods.

~Kath